So one Sunday the crew decides to go for some piercings after work, whilst we’re still in the old studio, no.24 Church St.
Here’s El Capitan VS. Miss Jones w/some tongue-web piercing action, which is the frenulum under the tongue.
- Open wide and use a mini-clamp to grip the frenulum.
- I used a 1.2mm needle, for which went through above, note my girl is ice kool.
Familiar to me because it’s what I do and I’d also pierced Shanice’s smiley at some point, the year before…
- Removing the needle and cutting down the canula.
I’ve pierced I think five of Shanice’s twelve piercings so far, so I am told…
- Fitting the jewellery, a 1.2mm x 8mm curved bar.
I usually pierce tongue-webs with a straight bar, the curved bar was a bit of a swerve ball angle wise and it’s a tricky piercing regardless.
- Trying to keep the bar steady when the mouth is filling up with saliva, to put the ball on; is a challenge.
The bar actually slid out at least twice due to the saliva drool build up, but Shanice was calm as standard.
- Once threaded, tighten that ball real good; so it doesn’t come off.
The tongue-web is the lower bar on show, 1.2mm x 8mm. The snake eyes/scoop piercing above; was not pierced by me. ✌
Special Thanks to Kelly Fitzsimmons for taking the photographs.
Edits by El Cap.